top of page

CANDLE SAFETY & FAQ

Each candle includes a warning label on the bottom of the jar. Please read carefully. A happy candle adds an uplifting fragrant vibe to your home, but we encourage care and attention to the following safety guidelines:

  • Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room and on a heat-resistant surface.

  • Do not leave a burning candle unattended and burn within sight.

  • Avoid drafty area like vents and ceiling fans to encourage even burning and minimize smoke or a dancing flame.

  • Do not set near curtains or drapes. 

  • Never touch a burning candle or move a candle when the wax is liquid.

  • Never extinguish candles with water.

  • Keep candles out of the reach of small children and pets.

  • Candles and wax melt are NOT edible. DO NOT CONSUME!

  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that easily can catch fire.

For the initial burn, allow the candle to create a full melted wax pool across the entire candle. This will ensure even burning and maximum fragrance release for the life of your candle and is typically achieved within 3 hours. Burn for 3-4 hours for every burn thereafter, fully melting the wax across the top each time. Always trim your wick to 1/8” - 1/4” before each burn to ensure there is no soot, smoking or excessively flickering. Your candle will burn longer, cleaner and more evenly. Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings and debris at all times.

To extinguish, a short, directed puff of air aimed at each wick will do the trick. The use of a wick snuffer will work well also. Do not move candles until the wax is cooled and set.

 

CAUTION!! You just had a fire burning for 3-4 hrs, your jar will be hot!

Discard candles when there is only 1/4 inch of wax remaining. I know this may seem wasteful, but the further down a candle burns the hotter the jar will get. Burning a candle with little to no wax may cause the jar to break. 

bottom of page